The last thing anyone wants in the middle of a bad heatwave is for their air conditioner to break down. And yet, that is a prospect someone may have to face if they ignore their system’s need for professional AC repair in Prescott Valley. Ignoring repair needs won’t make things better–instead, it will put your home comfort and the longevity of your system at great risk.
We know that some people wince at the thought of paying for AC repairs but we can assure you that it is well worth the price. This is because professional repairs address the root cause of the problem to ensure your AC is able to perform optimally for the longest amount of time.
Do you need to schedule repairs for your air conditioning system? Here’s how to find out.
Repair Need Indicators to Watch For
These are some common signs to watch for that will warn you the time has come to schedule professional AC repairs:
- The AC has become noisy: The most noise your AC should make is the whoosh of the air it is pumping into your home. Noises beyond this such as rattling, clanging, screeching, hissing, or bubbling are all signs of trouble within your air conditioner.
- Your energy bills are only rising: Having your energy bills reflect large spikes in use is a sign that your air conditioner is struggling. Whether it is a clogged filter or a more severe issue causing problems, the best solution is to reach out to a pro for help.
- There are hot spots in the home: You walk through the house and notice a room or part of a hallway that is warmer than other areas of the home. This is a problem that indicates your AC is having trouble getting cool air to these areas.
- There is no airflow in some parts of the house: If you check one or more air vents around your home and discover there is weak or absent airflow, this is problematic. Make sure to ensure your vents are open and check your air filter to see if these are a cause–beyond this, contact a pro for help.
- The system is short cycling: Short cycling refers to when your air conditioner turns on and off in shortened, interrupted cycles. This leaves your home overheated while increasing your energy bills which is never a good combination. Short cycling needs to be addressed ASAP.
These are just some of the common indicators that you can check for to tell if your AC needs repairs. Even if you aren’t sure, you can reach out to one of our team members for help. We can provide diagnosis and effective solutions to get your system back on track. A professional technician will always be able to provide appropriate repairs that help your system while amateurs or DIY attempts can’t provide these guarantees.
Have an air conditioner that needs some help? Contact Cool Touch Air Conditioning and Heating to get the job done. Kick back and relax, we’ll keep you cool