You don’t want to have to deal with an entire summer without any sort of cooling system in your home. But if you have an air conditioner that is barely functioning or has completely broken down you may be debating whether you can make it through the next several months with just a fan and willpower.
You shouldn’t have to sweat your way through summer! Instead, you can reach out to us for an AC installation in Prescott Valley. But first, let’s start by determining whether or not you actually do need to retire your existing AC system.
5 Indicators You Need a New Air Conditioner
How do you know the time has finally come to say goodbye to your long-standing air conditioner? Make sure to keep on the alert for these indicators:
- It’s old. Your air conditioner is built to last for a long time but not forever. A well-maintained system is likely to last up to 15 years. At minimum, your system should last for 10 years. If you have an air conditioner that is between 10 to 15-years-old or has breached that 15-year mark, it is time to upgrade.
- It’s not cooling the home. Your air conditioner has one key job and that is to cool your home. If the system is no longer able to do this then there is little point in keeping it around, especially if it is blowing out hot air instead and making the issue worse.
- It’s too expensive. Running your air conditioner to cool your home should not mean compromising your budget for the month. If your AC is costing you far too much to justify using it as needed then it likely needs to be retired.
- It needs too many repairs. Over the course of your system’s lifespan, it will need repairs. These repairs should only pop up every few years though. If you are starting to encounter repairs that are a yearly occurrence then it means your AC system is starting to fail and needs to be replaced.
- Its repair needs are expensive. The cost of your repairs is another indicator of whether or not your air conditioner is needing to be replaced. A good rule of thumb to remember is that if the cost of a repair would cover half or more of the price of a new system then it is better to schedule a replacement instead.
We Help Keep You Cool
Whether you need a repair service or you need to replace your air conditioner we are here to help. The team of pros at Cool Touch Air Conditioning and Heating can provide the services you need. This can include assessing your AC to see if you’d benefit from an upgrade and assessing your comfort needs to help pair you with the best new system possible.
We install top-quality products such as American Standard, Goodman, and Amana equipment.
Contact the team at Cool Touch Air Conditioning and Heating to schedule your air conditioning services. Kick back and relax, we’ll keep you cool.