You’ve just come back from a long morning of playing on Tempe Lake and you are looking forward to taking a nice cool shower and relaxing in comfort in your home as the temperature reaches its peak for the day. Since you have a Wi-Fi thermostat, you whip out your phone before you get in the car and make sure that the AC is going to have the house at the right temperature by the time you get back.
Imagine your surprise when you walk in the door and find your home is only a degree or two cooler than the air outside. You probably wouldn’t be happy if this happened to you–and neither would we! If you are anything like us, you probably would want to understand what is wrong with your system and how to get it fixed as soon as possible.
We can help with that.
What Are the Signs I Need to Schedule Repairs?
If you have an air conditioner in Tempe, AZ that needs repairs, you will want to reach out to a professional technician for repairs sooner than later. The question is, what are the warning signs that you need to make that appointment? Here are some indicators to be aware of that will let you know you need to schedule repairs for your cooling system.
- Concerning noises: Have you noticed that your air conditioner has become noisy lately? This can be due to a multitude of causes such as duct leaks, a dirty evaporator coil, a clogged filter, or a broken blower fan. Whatever the cause is though you will want to get it addressed sooner than later.
- Warm air: If your system is running hard but there is still warm air coming from your vents, you have a problem. There may be an issue with your thermostat or you might have a problem with your refrigerant pressure or your evaporator coil.
- Weak airflow: In another instance, maybe you can feel cool air coming from your ventilation but it is not as strong as it should be. If that is the case, it likely means you have a clogged filter or your blower fan is in trouble.
- Short cycling: Have you noticed that your air conditioning unit turns on and off within about five minute’s time? This doesn’t mean that you have a system that operates faster than any other on the market, it means your unit is malfunctioning. Known as short cycling, this problem can be caused by a dirty evaporator coil, low refrigerant levels, or other issues. If you notice this problem, you will want to get repairs ASAP.
- High energy bills: Yes this is, in fact, a sign that your system is struggling with its energy efficiency. Your energy bills will fluctuate a bit depending on your use, but they shouldn’t skyrocket. If they do, it means your A/C has a problem that needs attention.
When you need reliable and effective AC repairs, reach out to our team.
Kick back and relax, we’ll keep you cool. Contact Cool Touch Air Conditioning and Heating to schedule your next appointment.